Scope of the program
The objective of the program was the improvement of the environmental performance and the increase of efficiency of 5049 wells in Romania. The following were intended: reduction of production cost, increase of the production volumes and increase of the operational safety.
Work at each well location included cleaning of the location, fixing the soil, treatment of slam and management and elimination of waste. In the case of the beam pumping units, the engines have been equipped with new braking devices. All units have been painted with a new layer of paint to protect them against rust.
Our contribution was determining the confidence degree for completing the objectives of the project, as well as setting the risk management plans.
We monitored the evolution of the project by running risk analyses in various stages in the course of the project and we ensured its protection against external events.
1. Organizing workshops to identify the risks at project level
2. Filling in the risk register
3. Qualitative and quantitative analysis
4. Monte Carlo analysis
5. Running reports and interpretation of results
6. Risk analysis reports
6.a Time/cost distribution graph
6.b Duration/cost sensitivity graph (Tornado Graph)
6.c Comparing plans, before and after identifying the solutions to reduce costs
- The program was completed on time and under the expected conditions
- The program reduced the production costs with 2$/barrel
- Had positive effects on the production volumes and on the operational safety
- Led to the improving of the situation of the environment, as well as to the improving of the location conditions